On Wednesday 2nd, February 2011, La Luna hosted a blessing ceremony for the expansion of the Laluna Hotel into an integrated tourism resort, on 25 acres of land situated in Morne Rouge. The project will entail the following:
· Seven (7) five-bedroom villas
· the construction of 30 luxury villas adding a total of 166 rentable units,
· the establishment of a spa with wellness center, water-sport facility with berth for over 20 boats,
· the upgrade of the existing 16 bedroom resort,
· an Asian food and beverage restaurant, tennis facilities, retail outlet and art centre.
The expansion project commenced in 2008 with the construction and equipping of the resort Spa and Wellness center. In that same year infrastructure works which included site clearing, foundation works and road construction for the first phase of the project also started.
The construction of the seven (7) five-bedroom villas however commenced on January 4th, 2010. Currently 100 construction workers are employed in the project. The expansion project is expected to be completed by 2016.