The project has the following components:
· Development and implementation of an Investment Promotion Strategy;
· Institutional review and business process mapping; and
· Legislative and regulatory review.
Some key elements in the development of the strategy are:
· What are the development aspirations and accordingly what are the kinds of investment that Grenada wants?
· What are the resources that Grenada has to work with, in other words, what are the comparative and competitive advantages of the country and which are poised for immediate take-off?
· What are the reasonable expectations of investors, both foreign and private? and
· What are the short-terms remedial interventions that must be taken to ensure that Grenada has a business empowering environment?
Dr. Andre Vincent Henry - Principal Consultant, Human Capital Formation of Trinidad and Tobago has been contracted to facilitate the design of the strategy. The expected results are: -
· An Investment Promotion Strategy document for attracting and facilitating investment, including a strategy to target foreign and domestic investors, an E-Marketing Strategy, and a 3-year marketing plan and budget.
· A web based investment facilitation network to support the operation of the agencies and institutions involved in investment approval, business start up and post investment follow up
· An Investment Facilitation Manual clearly detailing processes and procedures including e-facilitation and post investment follow-up for all relevant agencies involved in investment approval and facilitation
· Personnel in relevant institutions trained in promotion and facilitation techniques and methods (drawing on adapting materials to be provided by the World Bank)
· Substantive input on the content of any required changes to the legal and regulatory framework for investment approval and facilitation in Grenada.
For further details please contact the GIDC at:
Phone: +1 (473) 444-1033-35
Fax: +1 (473) 444-4828