The Project’s specific objectives are (i) to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of customs (ii) to improve the efficiency of tax administration through, among other things, a decrease in the transaction costs of paying taxes and consequently, an increase tax compliance (iii) to enhance the Government’s support for exports through improving access to trade and information and strengthening the capacity of the Bureau of Standards to provide services related to conformity assessment and quality assurance, and (iv) to modernize investment promotion.
The Government of Grenada intends to apply some of the proceeds of this Agreement towards the hiring of a consultant for the Development and Implementation of an Investment Strategy.
To develop effective best practices for marketing and promoting investments in Grenada’s priority investment sectors.
SCOPE OF WORK
The IP Advisor is required to undertake the following:
1. Prepare a three (3) year marketing and promotional plan and budget. The Plan must
- Provide an assessment of Grenada’s investment needs and potential in keeping with its national developmental goals.
- Identify target industries, geographic sources of investment, analyze the industry sectors for each target industry.
- Develop a strategy to encourage the development of domestic micro, small, medium size enterprises and promote the role and services of GIDC domestically.
- Outline an e- marketing strategy, Methods and tools which can be used to target investors
Performance targets in each of the identified geographic locations and recommend measures to gage performance.
2. Undertake a comprehensive institutional review of GIDC to ascertain whether the Corporation possesses the
human and other resources to execute propose strategies and fulfill its mandate as a full – fledged investment
3. Train staff within the agencies involved in the investment approval process in best practices on investor services
and investment after care services.
4. Consult with the IT Expert developing the integrated investment facilitation IT based system and website to ensure
that these deliverables are in keeping with investment promotion best practices.
5. Organize and coordinate an outward and an inward mission in 2010.
6. Design and develop an investment opportunity catalogue (1000 copies).
The successful candidate should possess:
- A minimum of ten (10 ) years experience in investment promotions
- A post graduate degree in any of the following:
- Investment Promotions; Economic Development; or a related subject area
- A record of developing and implementing successful corporate strategies (preferably in the Caribbean)
- Be fluent in English
Interested persons should submit their Statement of Capability to:
The Project Management Unit (GDTAC) – Ronnie.email@example.com;
The Project coordination Unit (PCU) – firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the submission of Statement of Capability is October 1, 2010
A copy of the detailed Terms of Reference can be made available on request.