The Government of Grenada has entered into a Financing Agreement with the International Development Association (IDA) and the European Union, the proceeds of which will be allocated towards the financing of the Grenada Technical Assistance Credit Project which is aimed towards supporting the Government of Grenada in improving the environment for private sector led growth through the modernization of key public sector institutions and the implementation of an export strategy.
The Government of Grenada intends to apply some of the proceeds of this Agreement towards recruiting a consultant for the establishment of a Planning Unit within the Inland Revenue Department.
The overall objectives of this consultancy are:
- To develop a fully functional planning and monitoring unit within the Inland Revenue Division.
- Review existing strategic plan and develop future plan for implementation beyond existing plan.
SCOPE OF WORKS
- The consultant is required to undertake the following:
- Create a Planning and Monitoring Unit within Inland Revenue Division
- Define positions and functions and identify needed positions within the Unit
- Train staff in their new roles and functions
- Assess data needs and design systems for collection of data
- Review Inland Revenue Division’s current 3-year strategic plan and develop plan for the three years following the current planning period
- Improve Inland Revenue Division’s planning and reporting system through the establishment of monthly performance targets
- Develop a set of performance indicators that can be automated and train personnel to use these indicators
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The Consultant is expected to have at least a Masters degree in Business Management or Business Administration with a minimum of ten years experience in the area of strategic management and management consulting.
The Consultant is also expected to have experience with developing, monitoring and evaluation methods and tools and prior experience working with Inland Revenue Divisions will also be an asset.
Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills and fluency in English
Interested persons should submit their Statement of Capability to:
The Project Co-ordinator
Project Co-ordination Unit
Botanical Gardens, Tanteen, ST. GEORGE’S e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the submission of Statement of Capability is September 10, 2010
A copy of the detailed Terms of Reference can be made available on request to the following.
- Ronnie Theodore ( email@example.com) : 443-0531
- Jenny Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tel: 443-0531