The Government of Grenada has entered into a Financing Agreement with the International Development Association (IDA) and the European Union, the proceeds of which will be allocated towards the financing of the Grenada Technical Assistance Credit Project which is aimed towards supporting the Government of Grenada in improving the environment for private sector led growth through the modernization of key public sector institutions and the implementation of an export strategy.
The Government of Grenada intends to apply some of the proceeds of this Agreement towards procuring consultancy to conduct Training of Materials Laboratory Personnel at the Grenada Bureau of Standards.
The consultancy will lead to the establishment of baselines that the Project Management Unit can use to measure the performance and progress of project component activities. The overall objectives of this consultancy are to conduct baseline surveys in the following areas:
- To determine clients’ perception of operations and customer service at the Customs and Excise Department.
- To determine clients’/ tax payers’ perception of service quality and tax administration at the Inland Revenue Division.
- To evaluate how easy it is for exporters and potential exporters to find information on trade and export.
- To determine the quality of service delivered by the Grenada Bureau of Standards.
- To evaluate investors’ and potential investors’ perception of the quality of service delivered by the Grenada Industrial Development corporation.
SCOPE OF WORK
The consultant will conduct a total of five surveys in order to meet the five overall objectives listed above and is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Liaise with Project Management Unit and the Technical Heads of the implementing agencies to better understand the rationale and objective of each survey.
- Develop a methodology for conducting each survey. This will include the sample size, measuring instrument used to measure the variable, method of collecting and conducting surveys and data analysis method.
- Prepare draft survey questionnaires for discussion and review with the Project Management Unit (PMU) and the respective Technical Head of the implementing agency before administering questionnaire.
- Administer questionnaires to each targeted population and collect research data.
- Analyze collected data and produce a report giving results and findings for each of the five client surveys. The Consultant must use a reputable analytical software for data analysis
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- The Consultant must have a Masters in a business related discipline or at least 5 years experience in the area of research and conducting surveys.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to commit to deadlines.
Interested persons should submit their Statement of Capability to:
The Project Co-ordinator
Project Co-ordination Unit
Botanical Gardens, ST. GEORGE’S
The deadline for the submission of Statement of Capability is September 10, 2010
A copy of the detailed Terms of Reference can be made available on request to the following.
- Ronnie Theodore ( email@example.com ) or Tel: (473) 443-0531
- Jenny Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tel: (473) 443-0531