To create awareness of the role and services of the Grenada Industrial Development Corporation and to assist the Corporation in fostering better relationship with its clients
Like most economies, Grenada is being affected by the economic downturn and there is need to stimulate economic activity.
As the agency responsible for facilitating, supporting and strengthening business investments how and what should the Grenada Industrial Development Corporation do to:
a. Encourage Local Investments
b. foreign Direct Investment (FDI)
c. Foster the growth and development of small and medium sized enterprises in Grenada during this period.
Who is eligible?
The competition is open to 4th and 5th form students from all Secondary Schools in Grenada, Carriacou and Petit Martinique. Students must submit original work and have a sponsoring teacher sign the contest entry form.
The essay should be 300-500 words and must include an entry form. Entries may be typed or handwritten but must be double-spaced and legible.
Send all entries to email@example.com or mail to Essay Competition, Grenada Industrial Development Corporation, Frequente Industrial Park, Frequente ,St. George’s
Winning Essay- EC $500 Winning School -EC $500
The winner will be announce on radio and Television and printed in local newspapers.
All entries should be submitted Friday August 27th 2010
1. The essay should be based on the topic
2. Essays must contain at least 300 words but no more than 500 words. Every word of the essay is counted.
3. The GIDC reserves all rights to all entries submitted.
4. Each entry must include the Contest Entry Title Page (entry form) or submit a cover page containing the same information found on the Entry Form.
5. Essays may be typewritten or legibly handwritten but must be double-spaced.
6. Any quotations or copyrighted material used in the essay must be identified properly. Failure to identify non-original material will result in disqualification.
7. The entry must be stapled together in the upper left-hand corner.
Judging and Timing
1. Judging will be completed by a panel of qualified judges.
2. In an effort to conceal the identity of each contestant, each entry will be assigned a number by GIDC. The assigned number will be placed on the title page and first page of the essay. The judges will be given the essay bearing only the assigned number.
3. Judges will not discuss or compare essays being judged until all essays have been judged.
Scoring of Contest
Scoring procedures at all levels of the contest will be identical.
1. Content: 30
2. Material Organization (adherence to topic): 20 points
3. Vocabulary and Style (Phrasing and continuity): 25 points
4. Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling: 15 points
4. Neatness: 5 points
5. Adherence to contest rules (prepared in the proper format): 5 points
Entry form can be found on the downlable pdfs page on this website. www.grenadaworld.com or attached to this article
Go to home page and click on downloadables on the upper right hand corner