In this regard, a Major Projects Coordination Committee was appointed.
Since its appointment, this Committee has already held four (4) meetings and its fifth meeting will be held today (Wednesday, November 23, 2011).
Furthermore, the Committee has made two submissions to Cabinet and is scheduled to make a presentation, to Cabinet, on December 5th, 2011.
The Committee includes:
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Finance;
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Housing and Community Development;
- The Chief Technical Officer in the Ministry of Works;
- The Director of Economic and Technical Cooperation in the Ministry of Finance; and
- The Director of Private Sector Development in the Ministry of Finance.
The private sector representatives will join the Committee as soon as they have been identified.
Government is keen to ensure the major projects identified by the Prime Minister’s address are implemented in the shortest possible time thereby creating jobs and economic opportunities.